Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Another Step towards Speech Recognition

In normal circumstances, I still can’t understand much of the information that comes into my implanted ear. I also have trouble “hearing over” those sounds with my aided ear. If communication is urgent, I have to switch my Opus 2 cochlear implant processor off.

I am training my ear to hear in controlled environments. What seems to be the most useful exercise for me at the moment is hearing an audio text and reading it at the same time. I can not understand speech by itself, but I can now accompany the audio of a written text. I can read along and not get lost!

The easiest text for which one can find audio is the Bible, and that is what I am using. Here, for example, is Matthew chapter 2 on Youtube. I can follow along reading on my e-sword electronic bible.

No comments:

Post a Comment