Monday, November 14, 2011

I notice when I am wearing it, but forget when I am not

Yesterday, I got up and took a shower before putting on my cochlear implant processor. I put my hearing aid on to go to the bathroom, but left the CI for when I got back. I ended up forgetting to put it on before leaving the house.

I noticed that it wasn't there, not because of sound, but because of my reflection in the mirror. So, I made a note to myself to put it on as soon as I got back to the house. I got distracted, I guess. I ended up not putting it on until we were getting ready for the evening church service.

Once it was on, I noticed what I had been missing. Immediately. So, I am at the point where I notice when I am wearing it, but forget when I am not. I am looking forward to the next mapping. I believe it will make a big difference.

...
Oh, and the ear pain is all but gone. The medicine and ear packing is working just fine. I will see Dr Evandro on Wednesday morning and the Audiologist on Thursday afternoon. I will have my processor set to 3. Then one more week to 4. The one more week to the second mapping.

No comments:

Post a Comment